Sudden dependency on rpm

Tim T. tim.timmerman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:47:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 14:19, devzero2000 <pinto.elia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Tim T. <tim.timmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Suddenly" my rpms show a dependency on /bin/sh where they didn't before !
>>
>> Before, when ?
>
> What is the result of this command on  the original  rpm and the rebuild
> rpm ? Sure
> are you using the same machine and the software version ?
>
> rpm -qp --queryformat '%{RPMVERSION}\n'  TimT-5.0.1.d-0.x86_64.rpm

both cases  4.8.0, and I'm sure I'm using the same buildhost in both cases..
there is only one available

> BTW, /bin/sh is because you probably have some scriplet section and use sh
> for it (%pre, %post ecc): the default.

The package contains a number of scripts for installation purposes. The
thing that triggered me to look at this was the /usr/bin/ksh which did not
exist. I'd fix that, but I'd like to understand what caused the change
between last friday afternoon and this morning.  (found some older versions
of the RPM, also built using 4.8.0, same contents, no dependency on /bin/sh
or /usr/bin/ksh )

Thanks for your input !

TimT.