Primitive use of rpm

Rick Hedin cubsno1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:40:07 UTC 2012

I solved my main problem of not finding the files by using different
switches on my rpm command.  I wanted to keep everything inside the spec
file, so I could just distribute it, but I failed.

rpmbuild -bb --buildroot /tmp/rpmash_build wam.spec

"--buildroot" being the significant factor.

My remaining problems are:

1.  The build erases the /tmp/rpmash_build tree each time I build the rpm
file.
2.  The build places the rpm file where it wants to, and names the rpm file
what it wants to.  I would like to specify the location and the name.

I have read the "man rpmbuild" documentation, but I don't see switches to
control these things.

               Rick