RPM BUILD > 2 gig

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 08:33:37 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 05:28 AM, Rashmi Jain (rashmij) wrote:

> I need to build and rpm which is >2gig.
>
> Is it possible and  what plugins  do I need to use
>
> Rashmi

RPM up to 4.4.x is limited to 2GB package content size. From 4.6 on the
package content is uses 64bit ints (8 Exibytes) but the files are
limited to 4GB each due to cpio restrictions.

Florian

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei Muenchen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243