Force RPM to check GPG key

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:38:23 UTC 2012

I figured that would be the case.

JJ just told me that --checksig only gets run separate from --install,
which seemed kinda silly to me until he pointed out that this is
because rpm is configuredby default  to check headers+payload against
signature if possible.

So by default it is supposedly doing this already, it is just an 'if
possible' scenario.  So if you don't have a key to verify against it
just moves forward, would be my understanding.

I did look in `rpm --showrc` for any value that might seem to force
this but was unable to locate one (I didn't look at each value, just
tried several greps).  JJ suggested i dig through /usrlib/rpm/macros
and in there I found vsflags.   The default value is 0xf0000 which
means if set, check header+payload (if possible).  If you look in this
file you can see the options and if you have a better config you can
set it in a macro file over in /etc/rpm.  Would have been nice if the
variable name was a bit more descriptive for the sake of grep but such
is life i guess.

-greg