Need example spec file

Steve Berg sberg at mississippi.com
Sat Jan 28 16:46:13 UTC 2012

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around building rpms.  Can someone
send me a spec file or link to one that would demonstrate how to
structure the spec file for starting with a tar ball of files that need
to be copied onto a system to something like /opt/<dir>.

There's no real build process to what I'm trying to do, no make/make
install.  I just need to place a directory containing sub-directories
and python scripts/files, one startup script in /etc/init.d/, a
chkconfig <proc> add, and then start the python script which acts like a
daemon.