Need example spec file

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:27:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Steve Berg <sberg at mississippi.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my head wrapped around building rpms.  Can someone send me
> a spec file or link to one that would demonstrate how to structure the spec
> file for starting with a tar ball of files that need to be copied onto a
> system to something like /opt/<dir>.

Years ago, I wanted to package up jpg images for background wallpaper.
 The attached spec file gives you the idea for that. Basically, just
copy the files to the places they ought to be, the same idea that rpm
uses internally when you have README or DOC files in your package.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science