DeltaRPM repo and update package

Eren erenogrul at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:47:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I created a local repo on my server and I want to use DeltaRPM packages
which I created them. However, I created repo like; createrepo .
--deltas and this gave me drpm folder. I have a mongoose and openkm
packages which I built them. Hence, I made drpm package like;
makedeltarpm openkm-jboss-4.2.3.GA-1.rpm openkm-jboss-4.2.3.GA-2.rpm
openkm-jboss.drpm

Although, I copy this package to my local repos drpm folder and when I
want to make an update, it didn't update it. My distro is Scientific
Linux 6.0. I installed yum-presto plugin and configure it to 100 to
update all the time from deltas. Meanwhile, my local repo is enabled.

My local repo config at /etc/yum.repos.d/delta.repo;
[delta]
name=Delta Test Repo
baseurl=file:///var/www/delta
enabled=1

My /etc/yum.conf;
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3

#  This is the default, if you make this bigger yum won't see if the
metadata
# is newer on the remote and so you'll "gain" the bandwidth of not having to
# download the new metadata and "pay" for it by yum not having correct
# information.
#  It is esp. important, to have correct metadata, for distributions like
# Fedora which don't keep old packages around. If you don't like this
checking
# interupting your command line usage, it's much better to have something
# manually check the metadata once an hour (yum-updatesd will do this).
# metadata_expire=90m

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

My presto at /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/presto.conf;
# Please go to https://fedorahosted.org/presto for a list of presto-enabled
# repositories

[main]
enabled=1
# This defaults to yum's keepcache option, if not set.
# keepdeltas = false

#  This lets you change if the delta is downloaded given it's relative
size vs.
# the pkg. Eg. the default:
#
minimum_percentage = 100
#
# ...means that given a pkg of 100M, a delta of 95M (or less) would be
# downloaded instead but a delta of 96M would be skipped in favour of
the pkg.
#  Percentage of 0 means never use the delta, percentage of 100 means always
# use it (assuming the delta is never bigger than the pkg).

What did I make it wrong and what is the true configuration of a delta
repo for usage?

Eren