Get the command in the rpm spec

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:03:33 UTC 2013

Like Jos said, typically you shouldn't check or deal with this, and you
definitely don't have to stop someone using -i if the package already
exists, because RPM will do that for you.

If you are doing other login that cares if its an install vs an upgrade
there is a table showing you how $1 works here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Syntax

-greg