How to fix 'file / from install conflicts with...' errors

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:23:01 UTC 2014

I'm testing my RPM on newer versions of Fedora and I now get errors like:

file / from install of ... conflicts with file from package filesystem...

Googling returns lots of people complaining about similar issues with
other RPMs, but I haven't been able to find anything that helps me with
_my_ package, and what I'm doing wrong.

My package lives under /var/www/html so installing my RPM
now complains about /, /var, /var/www, /var/www/html

My spec file is attached.
Any help would be appreciated.

Fulko