Versioning issue

Marc Young 3vilpenguin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:00:39 UTC 2014

I use symantic versioning to build our RPMs from jenkins from source
automatically. 'Stable' releases are straight symvers (1.1.0-beta.1, etc).
'Dev' or 'unstable' append the datetime such as
'1.2.0-beta.1.140215223311'. It almost always works. Sometimes it doesn't.
According to rpmdev-vercmp, they should work when they don't. An example of
a time yum refuses to update:

http://fpaste.org/83452/raw/

Any help is appreciated, i'd rather not have to change the versioning
scheme if not required, it's nice to have it match the versioning scheme we
have in house by default.