RPM files md5sum

Eran Ben Natan eranb at celltick.com
Thu Mar 13 16:14:27 UTC 2014

It will work only if when running the %post the rpm is considered "installed" and can be queried with rpm -q
Another option is: At the end of the %install calculate yourself the checksum of all files (it should be simple with something like: find %{buildroot} -type f -exec mdsum {} \; ) into a file, package this file, and in the %post copy this file somewhere else so it won't be deleted when rpm is uninstalled.

Hope this helps, Eran.