How would I specify in the spec file where to install the RPM to?

Kyle Crumpton (kcrumpto) kcrumpto at cisco.com
Wed Mar 26 16:10:00 UTC 2014

Hi Fabricio.

These are two concepts I wasn't familiar with.

When I went to /usr/lib/rpm/macros I noticed that it had

%_prefix 		/usr

I changed this to /opt and saw no change in where it was installed too..
it still installs to /BUILD.
The build root is set to
232:%_buildrootdir		%{_topdir}/BUILDROOT
235:%buildroot		%{_buildrootdir}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{_arch}

And when I look at _topdir it points to %{getenv:HOME}/rpmbuild..

Kyle