how to exclude some files of Automatic Dependency detection ?

Eran Ben Natan eranb at celltick.com
Thu Aug 13 12:12:30 UTC 2015

See if this helps:
http://superuser.com/questions/518211/how-do-i-turn-off-the-perl-specific-parts-of-find-requires-when-building-an-rpm

-----Original Message-----
From: Rpm-list [mailto:rpm-list-bounces at lists.rpm.org] On Behalf Of Martin Koller
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:55 PM
To: rpm-list at lists.rpm.org
Subject: how to exclude some files of Automatic Dependency detection ?

We create a package for a server/client system. The server can provide plugins (.so) to the clients for download via http.
So this means: our server rpm installs the downloadable .so files, but it will never use them itself.
(e.g. a server on RHEL serves plugins which have been compiled on/for openSuse)

How can I define in the .spec file that rpmbuild does not check these files for Automatic Dependency detection ?
(Note: I know "AutoReqProv: no" but I have lots of other files in the server package, so a globally disabled autoreqprov is nothing I want)

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at _______________________________________________
Rpm-list mailing list
Rpm-list at lists.rpm.org