Compare source package (src.rpm) with its binary version

Kevin McKinney klmckinney1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:51:13 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to compare the source package with its
corresponding binary package, and determine which is the most recent. If
the source is more recent, then rebuild the binary package.  If the source
package is not the most recent, then do nothing.

I have looked at the python and c API's for rpm, and it appears to be
possible, but I am not sure if I can access the ".EVR()" method for both
binary and source packages.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin