Upgrading to newer RPM

Daugherty, Briac jdaugherty at eastman.com
Thu Mar 19 20:59:04 UTC 2015

While trying to install an rpm file on a newly created virtual machine, I receive this---

rpm -ivh rest-api-7.1.0-370.sles11_64.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by rest-api-7.1.0-370.noarch

After some searching, I realized that the RPM version on this machine is too old for the package and I need to upgrade. I downloaded and extracted the 4.12 files and FTPed them to this machine. However, I am unsure at this point how to actually install this new version.

Thank you for your time,

Briac Daugherty
Systems Analyst in IT Infrastructure
Eastman Chemical Company