Help required for usage of rpmsign

Manish Honap manish_honap_vit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Dec 27 09:49:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to sign a couple of locally-built rpms for installation
on user machines that don't have development tools.

I can build the rpms but I'm getting an error when trying to sign
them.

I'm running gpg that was compiled from source and kept the binary in
/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin

andromeda at localhost : ~/foo # gpg2 --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.30
libgcrypt 1.7.3

andromeda at localhost : ~/foo $ which gpg2
/usr/local/bin/gpg2

andromeda at localhost : ~/foo $ ls -lh /usr/local/bin/gpg2
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 13 Dec 27 11:33 /usr/local/bin/gpg2 -> /usr/bin/gpg2

When I try to sign the package, rpm tells me that it can't find gpg:

andromeda at localhost : ~/foo $ ./rpmsign --rcfile rpmrc --addsign bar.rpm
bar.rpm:
error: Could not exec gpg: No such file or directory

Here's my ~/.rpmmacros:
andromeda at localhost : ~/foo $ cat ~/.rpmmacros
%_signature gpg
%_gpg_path /home/andromeda/.gnupg
%_gpg_name -- Hidden --
%_gpg_bin /usr/bin
%__gpg /usr/bin/gpg2

andromeda at localhost : ~/foo $ ./rpmsign --version
RPM version 4.13.0

I have compiled both gpg2 and rpmsign from source for use on user machine.

Can anyone suggest what am I missing in this case?

Thanks!
Manish