Automatically generating needed requires for julia

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Jan 12 04:36:55 UTC 2016

The julia language loads libraries at run time by using the .so
filename.  We work around this in the julia package by symlinking the
needed sonames into %{_libdir}/julia/, e.g.:

for lib in arpack cholmod dSFMT git2 fftw3_threads gmp mprf openlibm
openspecfun pcr2-8 umfpack
do
   soname=$(objdump -p %{_libdir}/lib${lib}.so | awk '$1 == "SONAME" {
print $2}')
   ln -s ../${soname} %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/julia/lib${lib}.so
done

Now we want to automatically generate the needed rpm requires, e.g.:

libarpack.so.2()(64bit)

What I came up with is a rpm-julia-hooks package that julia would BR
that would use rpm fileattrs to generate these.  This feels a bit clunky
having a separate package just to do this task.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com