rpmdeps: find requires for scripts with env shebang

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jun 16 06:11:38 UTC 2016

On 06/15/2016 08:54 PM, Stephano Cetola wrote:
> I'm working on getting rpmdeps to return a "Requires" result for scripts
> with "/usr/bin/env python" (more descriptive than the current result of
> "Requires:/usr/bin/env"). I've looked over rpmfcSCRIPT and I have some
> ideas on how to remedy the issue.
>
> Is this something that would be of interest, or is there any way I could
> bend this project to your needs?

See http://rpm.org/ticket/136 and
http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7f73133cbb35ed0f21938996018654391b0a7d7

In hindsight, with survivers from Fedora's UsrMove crash still wandering
aimlessly on the shore... I find myself thinking perhaps it wouldn't be
so bad to use build environment $PATH to resolve non-absolute arguments
into absolute ones (and thus, into file dependencies). IFF the argument
can be resolved within the build environment, that is, otherwise throw a
warning maybe. That's more or less what's outlined in the ticket.