%preun clarification

Lubos Kardos lkardos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 13:35:52 UTC 2016

This behaviour was changed in this commit [1] and the commit message says
"Supposedly no functional changes here.". So it seems this wasn't done
intentionally. And yes using %pre/%preun to fail an install/uninstall is a
really bad idea.

Lubos

[1] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/commit/f4a49c3d446bb180ca6b30a4337065fb6511e641