AIX rpmbuild on large package

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Mar 2 22:09:36 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 10:28 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> So it seems. Also throwing that strange "cannot allocate zu bytes" into google
> says you're not the only one seeing it, see the "Problems on AIX" threads starting
> at http://mx.gw.com/pipermail/file/2012/000965.html

The IBM version of file is 5.11. I couldn't compile, say, Fedora's file 5.25 without
some heavy spec modification, which I found a site that had already done so. I
installed file 5.12 and the error disappeared, but a new one appeared.

ERROR: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, IBM S/390, version 1 (SYSV), statically
linkederror seeking (Invalid argument)
and
ERROR: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linkederror
seeking (Invalid argument)

Since I don't need a S390 or x86_64 files in this package... I deleted them.

The package now builds successfully.