Validating macros

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Nov 17 15:29:01 UTC 2016

I'd like to be able to write tests for the various rpm macro packages in
Fedora.  Something like:

%check
RPMMACROS=%{buildroot}%{rpmmacrodir} rpmspec --parse test.spec > test.spec.parsed
diff test.spec.good test.spec.parsed

But what seems to be missing is something like RPMMACROS where I can point rpm
to use macros from a different location.  There is ~/.rpmrc but I can't really
safely use that in case there is an existing one.

Any other suggestions?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com