Why doesn't -Va return results, when -qa -> -Vv do?

Jason McCallister jaxjason at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:14:37 UTC 2016

Hello,

When I run the verify all command below, I typically get a list of all
files in all packages.

    rpm --dbpath /my/path/rpm -Va

However, it will run for 2-3 minutes and then return nothing with a return
code of 0 if I check.

rpmdb_verify does not show any issus.

Also, I can run a scripted version of Va by way of -qa and -Vv like below.
It returns all of the packages and installed files.

    rpm --dbpath /my/path/rpm -qa | while read PACKAGE
    do
        echo $PACKAGE
        rpm --dbpath /my/path/rpm -Vv $PACKAGE
    done

Any idea why I am not getting output from -Va?

Thanks,

Jason