rpmplugin.h

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 12:03:41 UTC 2020

On 8/25/20 2:39 PM, Iosif Menshikov wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> My question is about Plugin API, more precisely, about
> /rpmplugin.h/ header. Even it is widely used in your own plugins, it is
> not included in package after installation. Are there any reasons to
> keep this header uninstalled? I know, that plugins' documentation
> labeled "DRAFT", but it seems like plugins work pretty well.

The main reason is holding it back is that there will have to be a major
breakage of the fsm-hook semantics to implement some much-needed
robustness to install behavior, and such breakage is much easier to
handle when all the callers are known and locally fixable.

Unfortunately the underlying improvements in question have gotten pushed
back in place of something else again and again :-/