How to properly escape weird characters in paths to have a valid filelist?

Miro Hrončok mhroncok at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 12:19:21 UTC 2021

On 29. 06. 21 14:14, david kerns wrote:
> Call me old, but this is 35+ years of experience talking.
> My advice to you is: rename your files to eliminate the special chars.
> Even if you get this working, every person that installs your .rpm will curse you
> b/c now they have to figure out how to special case your special filenames too,
> Don't put spaces/(special chars) in filenames.

Yeah, I would do that if I'd control the filenames. Unfortunately, I don't.

I was quite surprised to see spaces in paths in an actual upstream project, but
that's the reality we live in. I might personally start a discussion with this
particular upstream and ask them politely to reconsider. But I still need to
write code that can handle anything various upstreams might have.

--
Miro Hrončok