[Rpm-maint] Assorted changes in my rpm branch

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 20:03:28 UTC 2006

Hi all:

I've been playing with my own branch of hg.rpm.org for a little while
now, just to poke around at the code base, etc.

Anyways, if you feel like looking at it, you can
hg clone http://dangerouslyinc.com/~bowes/hg.cgi
or view it via the web interface.

Some of the changes in my branch are, from oldest to newest:
* Actually get the thing to compile on my FC6 machine.
* Remove xmlspec
* Remove lua support
* Remove third party libraries
* Remove using neon
* Remove all support for non-local rpms

It's quite possible that there actually is a good reason to have a lot
of this stuff in rpm, but I haven't heard it yet. If there are some bits
that would be useful to rpm.org at large, I'd be happy to massage the
code to make it easier to grab them.

Oh yes, and I'd like to mention that I prefer git over hg, but there are
far worse choices, so I'll not bring it up again. :)

-James