[Rpm-maint] --resign fails?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:06:21 UTC 2006

> seth vidal (skvidal at linux.duke.edu) said:
> > > I'd say we could certainly build higher-level tools around signing &
> > > verification, but clarifying the CLI can't really hurt.
> >
> > So then the question is - is it more productive to fix the cli that we
> > have or work on replacements that obsolete it, while at the same time
> > refining the language interface?
>
> Well, for something like signing or verification, all the guts of
> it are going to be in the lib anyway; so, <grand generalization from
> not investigating> it's just changing the printf() you have after you
> return from it.

That's fine - but then do we need to have a compiled tool to do that.

my stated and brazen agenda is to put more and more things into higher
level languages (python, ruby, perl, java, etc) above the rpm-lib so we
can gain contributors other than just C programmers. Myself included.

That's the whole point of the language bindings after all.

-sv