[Rpm-maint] rpmbuild creash.

Giulio Eulisse Giulio.Eulisse at cern.ch
Tue Dec 11 09:56:04 UTC 2007

> Finally got around to have a look at this...

Thank you very much!!!

> Build crashing with your createDirs.py file listing actually has nothing
> to do with basenames as such, it's the sheer number of items that trigger
> it: compressFilelist() uses stack for it's memory allocations, and with
> almost a million entries in the filelist ... well :)

Ah, ok, so our problem is actually dual...  I guess that trying to
duplicate the real one I spotted another one.... Thank you for
spotting this.

> The attached patch (against 4.4.x) makes rpmbuild survive through that
> step. It'll almost certainly blow through the roof during
> install/upgrade/remove due to the basenames syndrome however.

I'll try out the patch, thanks. Do you think that just skipping some
of the duplicated basenames (like you
do with skipDir) will work around the problem?

--
Ciao,
Giulio