[Rpm-maint] lzma payload suppport patch

Per Øyvind Karlsen pkarlsen at mandriva.com
Tue Dec 11 18:51:35 UTC 2007

> Hmm. I'm not too happy about carrying a lzma decoder (small as it is)
> in-tree, I've been trying to get rid of such things instead of adding
> more :)
>
> As the library support in lzma-utils seem to be just around the corner,
> I'd rather concentrate on integrating support for that in rpm.org HEAD.
> And then backport to 4.4.2.x if absolutely necessary (the impact on core
> rpm code is pretty minimal so it's not out of the question).
Actually it's not right around the corner, at least not in the shape and
completeness you'd want for it to be. This lzma support will be compatible
with new lzma utils as well anyays..
I posted this patch just for compatibility purposes as we seem to be making
the switch to lzma for payload, I don't plan on posting further patches for
rpm.org. Better track rpm5.org on this one if interested in usable/stable
lzma payload support in any near future.

g'nite :)
--
Regards,
Per Øyvind Karlsen