[Rpm-maint] Creating an rpm that only contains config files

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Dec 11 19:51:10 UTC 2007

Hi

I am trying to package up a bunch of config files so that they are
easily deployable using the same systems that deploy our software.

I have searched and also tried to construct an .spec for this but have
so far failed miserably! Does anyone have a sample of a .spec that
relates to just packaging up a bunch of config files so that when
installed the package just puts them in their place on the filesystem
and backs up files if they are already there?

I presume this is possible?

thanks