[Rpm-maint] [Patch 3/19] Enable PREREQ

Peter Bowen pzb at novell.com
Fri Feb 9 13:37:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 08:20 -0500, Jason Corley wrote:
> Not really, in JPackage we've phased out PreReq in favor of
> Requires(pre) (though we most certainly have not finished that for all
> packages).  So can Requires(pre) only exist if a %pre scriptlet
> exists?  Otherwise I don't see the need for yet another namespace
> that's been marked as remove for years.

Yes, Requires(pre) is supposed to me the %pre scriptlet needs the
functionality.  Others are (verify)/%verbiy, (post)/%post, (preun)/%
preun, (postun)/%postun.  There is also (interp) which is for the
scriptlet interpreters, but this is normally automatically set.

Requires(pre) can exist regardless of the existance of %pre, but it will
not be used for loop breaking under certain circumstances.

Thanks.
Peter