[Rpm-maint] Python "rpm --verify"

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Sun Feb 25 01:34:31 UTC 2007

Thanks for the quick response.  I am working on the bcfg2 project
http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/bcfg2.

The client side has drivers that support various aspects of a client's
configuration.  One of the areas to cover is package management. There
are RPM and YUM drivers, but they need to be reworked because they have
a number of issues.

Functionality is nothing earth shattering:
query (rpm -qa) for inventory
verify (rpm -V)
add (rpm -i and rpm -U)
remove (rpm -e)

I have already done quite a bit of research and playing around with
code.  I was hoping someone else may already done some of the work.
Never mind, I guess I will have to start coding for real now.

Thanks

Mike