[Rpm-maint] [Suse patch] Tags backport

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Mon Jun 4 17:57:29 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 4 czerwca 2007, Panu Matilainen napisał:
> I guess the big question here is if we want to try to stay compatible with
> jbj rpm tags. Or more to the point, avoid overlapping, which does make
> sense. But that only works if it happens both ways...

There are and will be for the forseeable future a lot of *.rpms in the wild
built using jbj's tree. The least both projects can do is make sure that it's
easy to detect whether a given package was built using the other camp's tools
and in turn to prevent weird-ass errors from occurring just because someone
tried to run an rpm file downloaded from the net. Cause if that starts to
happen, users will soon start to resent rpm as a format altogether.

So yeah, making sure tags don't conflict in both projects sounds like a
no-brainer.

--
Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results.
                                                                 Guy Kawasaki