[Rpm-maint] rpm source

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 06:18:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Baho Utot wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 June 2007 7:32 am, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 18:17 -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
>>> I can not download the rpm source code from rpm.org.  The links are
>>> circular from Get source to downloads and back again.
>>>
>>> Where else may I get a tarball of the source code?  I am looking at using
>>> rpm to package a home built Linux system.
>>
>> hg clone http://hg.rpm.org/rpm
>>
>> The web site could use improvement, admittedly.
>>

> Huh?
>
> Takes me to a page like this?
>
> tags manifest rss
> changelog for rpm
[...]
> Don't see no tarball there?

It's the web view of the rpm source code repository.
"hg clone http://hg.rpm.org/rpm" is something you'd run on your system to
retrieve the repository, which isn't really what you were asking for.

The website is largely under construction from a big reorganization and
cleanup, as a result the tarballs are essentially missing at the moment.
We're busy putting together a new maintenance release so if you can wait a
few days, there will be a tarball of that. Or alternatively grab the
source of, say, Fedora 7 rpm src.rpm and use that as a starting point.