[Rpm-maint] User IDs used in RPM packages.

Richard Hodson richard at hodson.org
Tue Mar 27 12:53:46 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems slightly off topic, but it seems off topic everywhere I
have looked online for info on RPMs.

I am building a package for some company software, and the safest thing to do
is run it from Init under its own user ID, just like eg Apache web server uses
user apache.  Thing is, how do I get a user ID that no-one else it using?

If you can point me in the right direction, I would be happy to put any such
infomation into your wiki given that this is the root of all things RPM!

Many thanks,

 - Richard Hodson