[Rpm-maint] various bug fixes (patches)

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 14 15:24:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 10:19 -0500, Jason Corley wrote:
> > When do you plan on implementing this and more importantly is there a
> > plan for when it shows up in a fedora release? The packaging committee
> > is going to want a drive by on this, I think.
>
> I wasn't aware that rpm.org was beholden to any Fedora committee.  I
> don't imagine that the SuSE/Novell (or Mandriva) folks really care
> what FPC thinks of this feature since they're already using it.
> Either it makes sense for rpm.org or it doesn't, distro policy should
> be set in the appropriate lists for your distro of choice.

I didn't say it was beholden to any the fedora packaging committee. I
said the packaging committee will want a drive-by on when it plans on
going into upstream rpm so they can plan for it in the distro and in the
packaging rules for fedora.

So, it's actually the other direction: The packaging committee is
beholden to how/when upstream does things. I was going to make sure they
knew about what was going on here so they could prepare. In the best of
worlds no one is beholden to anyone. They each work on schedules and
open communication b/t them makes that pretty easy.

-sv