[Rpm-maint] rpmbuild error with 4.4.2.2 (but not 4.4.2)

Joachim Worringen joachim at dolphinics.com
Tue Nov 27 16:30:13 UTC 2007

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 22:57 +0100, Joachim Worringen wrote:
>> -prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{disdir}
>
> You're embedding $RPM_BUILD_ROOT in your prefix. This is almost
> certainly the cause of your problem, as it is then getting embedded in
> all of your built files.
>
> You want to instead pass DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT to make install.

Thanks for the hint. What I actually did now (because we don't install
to system default locations, but to /opt/DIS by default) was:

%build
configure --prefix=/opt/DIS ...
make

%install
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I assume that the content of $RPM_BUILD_ROOT, which check-buildroot
didn't like, came into the libraries that we build with libtool. Maybe
with rpath? I've seen that rpath is considered evil. Anyway, it works now.

Thanks for the help, Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com