[Rpm-maint] Anybody using rpm solve database / --aid?

Jason Corley jason.corley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:50:03 UTC 2007

> Let me put it this way: there are far better tools to deal with
> depsolving, arguments like these ain't going to save the solvedb. If you
> want to save it, provide a real use-case (be it exceptional circumstances
> or whatever) where the solvedb actually does the job better than a modern
> depsolver of your choice.

This is a very different track from your original question, which was:

    "Anybody out there who would to miss the --aid option if it were gone?"

You got two people who said "yes" but you obviously didn't like that
answer.  Perhaps if you stopped beating around the bush and actually
explicitly stated your intent (which appears to be remove all features
that yum implements) you'd get more of the feedback you're looking
for.

Jason