[Rpm-maint] Anybody using rpm solve database / --aid?

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 12:18:28 UTC 2007

> The two "yes" answers so far have been noted. My liking or not has little
> to do with anything, I was just rather surprised to hear that people are
> actually using it for apparently "everyday depsolving" when better tools
> exist.

It is a fact that many people do use /bin/rpm so some updates and
e.g. --aid is also part of Red Hat training classes, so that people
do know they full range of possibilities.
Not sure if this then still qualifies to keep this for future releases,
I personally don't mind removing --aid &co.

regards,

Florian La Roche