[Rpm-maint] rpm version on fc8 removed my /usr/include and /usr/bin

Jim Galarowicz jeg at krellinst.org
Thu Apr 24 15:53:25 UTC 2008

Hi!

I was removing a couple of packages on my fc8 laptop and
the rpm command:

rpm --erase libdwarf-020801-1 libdwarf-072705-1

seemed to hang.

I went into another window and saw that /usr/include was
gone and most of /usr/bin was also removed.

I'm trying to recover from this without having to completely
rebuild.  Looks like my kernel is intact but it won't completely
come up because a lot of the /usr/bin commands are gone.

Anyone have any advice on this?

Do I have any chance of not starting from scratch?

Thanks
Jim G.