[Rpm-maint] upgrade/replace multiple packages with custom package

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:23:50 UTC 2008

> If you set the obsolete right it should work. Make sure to run rpm -U and
> not rpm -i

I think I have it correct with the "<= 2.4".   Maybe I should put in
something like 2.4.99?  I put my current version (without the modified
name) up at http://www.metrocast.net/~aharrison/files/spec/ if anyone
feels like taking a peek, maybe it's something obvious.

> Why don't you just modifiy the original source rpms? This would make it much
> more difficult for errors to sneak in.

True, but the default version contains quite a bit of excess that we
don't want or need and is four versions old.  I'm not being a
why-don't-they-have-the-latest-version snob, it's mainly because we
have the 2.3.43 version working and well tested in our lab
environment.  I'm pretty sure there are some recent syncrepl fixes
that are important to us as well, iirc.

--
Andy Harrison
public key: 0x67518262