[Rpm-maint] [patch] warnings for rpmExpand(), rpmlog(), rpmGetPath()

Michal Marek mmarek at suse.cz
Thu Feb 14 12:01:44 UTC 2008

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> I also have little doubt that there are a number of other gcc extensions
> too that would be useful. So instead of littering the headers with
> #if defined(__GNUC__) && __GNUC__ >= <someversion>
> #endif
> everywhere, might as well add macros for them centrally someplace,

Sure, why not.

> similarly to what glib's gmacros.h does:
>
> #if     __GNUC__ >= 4
> #define G_GNUC_NULL_TERMINATED __attribute__((__sentinel__))
> #else
> #define G_GNUC_NULL_TERMINATED
> #endif
>
> ..etc. Maybe just grab a copy of gmacros.h instead of reinventing the
> wheel...

Well, adding a (verbatim) copy to the rpmlib API is maybe not a good
idea - you could end up with two different gmacros.h versions included
in your app (I don't know how rapidly does this header file change, but
still...). I think adding glib2 as a build-time requirement would be
cleaner and still quite non-intrusive.

Michal