[Rpm-maint] RE: [lsb-discuss] [packaging] RFC: Berlin Packaging API

Scott Baeder baeder at cadence.com
Thu Feb 28 00:20:11 UTC 2008

> If we can make the standard packaging options slick enough,
> it might start convincing a few of the holdouts that
> still think they need their own installers.
> - Dan

The big issue here (at least for a while longer ;-) will be that cross
platform means MORE than cross distro!  Some of us have a fairly large
Solaris installed base to consider (as well as things like AIX for IBM,
etc.)

Scott

Scott Baeder                 MA Office 978-262-6299
Cadence Design Systems       CA Office 408-944-7785
270 Billerica Rd             Cell      508-331-1530
Chemlsford, MA 01824