[Rpm-maint] [draft] spec file unification: autotools based projects

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Jul 17 16:27:48 UTC 2008

In this case the only alternative is to have the "last" patch be the
equiv of running autoreconf...  and you need to ensure the time stamps
are right and such once it's applied or the autotools may run again.

Autotools greatly complicate this.  In my experience it's either run it
at build time, or you deal with the the patch and time stamps problem..
the later is often more painful.

--Mark