[Rpm-maint] relicensing for Maximum RPM

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 31 19:35:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 04:38:01PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 10 July 2009, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
> > Essentially, I'd like to get your consensus that as Fedora Docs folks
> > work on max-rpm, they can go ahead and relicense the content to CC BY
> > SA 3.0.  In fact, I would recommend that be the first and a single
> > change made in the source repo by the docs person, making it clear
> > follow-on contributions are licensed under the CC BY SA.
>
> Speaking for myself only; I have no problem with that, in fact I welcome the
> change.  If my permission is required, and even if not: you are welcome to
> relicense my work on the Maximum RPM under the CC BY SA 3.0.

I don't know if any work has continued on MaxRPM yet, but I do know
the relicensing is continuing in other areas.

I don't easily see where the source for the updated MaxRPM snapshot
is; that would be helpful in gathering a list of all copyright
holders.  Is that just the names that appear in the snapshot?  Paul,
Matthias, and Ville?  I'm sure that we can get RHT's permission, fwiw.
I'll certainly talk with Ed Bailey, as a matter of course.

cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41