[Rpm-maint] %logfile option for filelists

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 1 17:25:17 UTC 2009

Hi,
  We were discussing this briefly in #fedora-devel today and I thought I'd
float it here. Right now a lot of logfiles  are %ghost in place but the
usage of ghost ultimately means the files don't get removed when the pkg
is removed.

Now, that behavior of %ghost is correct for logfiles - but not always
correct for other files. I was thinking if we had a %logfile option so
those files did not get removed when the pkg was erased and treat %ghost
files differently.

Is there another way to do this now?
-sv