[Rpm-maint] Turning off rpmlib(FileDigests)?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 23 08:31:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

releated to my previous post: Since I cannot use RHEL5's rpmbuild to
package symlinks and the package in question is a cross-distribution
package anyway (it just has two dangling symlinks as selectors to
dependencies), I built it with F11/F12's rpmbuild.

But this adds a dependency on rpmlib(FileDigests), and therefore the
package does not work on RHEL5 and older.

Is there a way to turn this off? Similar to the
  rpm \
  --define "_source_payload       w9.gzdio" \
  --define "_binary_payload       w9.gzdio" \
  --define "_source_filedigest_algorithm  1" \
  --define "_binary_filedigest_algorithm  1" \
trick to get old-style hashes and compression for use on older rpm
systems?

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net