[Rpm-maint] silly idea for srpms

FlorianFesti ffesti at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 08:24:54 UTC 2010

On 12/07/2010 08:52 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> 2. some way to extract the specfile from the srpm w/o having to go
> through a subprocess call and/or other pain to rpm2cpio.
I've written the attached Python script a while ago to extract files
from binary RPMs. It still has some short comings (like only supporting
xz compression for the payload). May be it can be adapted for your task.
A completed implementation might also be added to the rpm Python binding
later.

Florian