[Rpm-maint] rpm security exposure http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-2059

devzero2000 pinto.elia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:32:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:33 AM, swamy sangamesh
<swamy.sangamesh at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi Pinto,
>
>  We are using it for IBM AIX Toolbox for linux applications with AIX
> version 5.3 and above.
>  currently we are using rpm-3.0.5 source to build the binaries.

I imagined already But the rpm.rte fileset is a proprietary supported
package lslpp from IBM (rpm.rte).
I have see on the ibm fixcentral that the latest *Technology Level
5300-12-00-1015 doesn.'t contain or reference a security problem on rpm
(http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/aix/fixpackdetails?fixid=5300-12-00-1015<%28http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/aix/fixpackdetails?fixid=5300-12-00-1015>).
Have you opened an APAR ? I am sure that IBM*
know to who ask for a fix, if necessary. Now there is no such fix
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/subscriptions/ijhifoeblist?mode=1&prefsOnOff=null&topic=SECURITY&month=ALL&heading=AIX53

Regards