[Rpm-maint] rpm security exposure http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-2059

devzero2000 pinto.elia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:19:28 UTC 2010

The CVE is CONFIRMED with AIX 5.3 latest fixpack applied. I am pretty sure
it is also the same issue on AIX 6.x. I have do some trivial update to the
original bugzilla SPEC for testing  this. Reading the rpm 3.0.5 code confirm
the issue also. But the original patch to @rpm.org is not applicable as is.

Regards