[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.9.1 released!

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Jul 22 07:06:27 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 11:53 AM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 02:17:43PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> We're pleased to announce the availability of RPM release 4.9.1.
>> Download instructions and more detailed information are available from:
>>
>>      http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.9.1
>
> Thanks Panu!
>
> Some things I noticed:
>
> commit c07efb9f changed:
> -    if (hash&&  memcmp(hash, sigp->signhash16, 2) == 0) {
> +    if (hash&&  memcmp(hash, sigp->signhash16, 2) != 0)
> +       goto exit;
>
> I guess that should be "!hash ||" instead.

Probably yes, although it's not terribly critical - hash being NULL
there is pretty much a can't happen situation there as rpmDigestFinal()
wont return NULL hash unless called with NULL ctx which is checked
earlier in the code.

> Sine commit 23167c3e, everything tagged %dir will get a trailing
> slash in the file list, breaking lots of things. I've worked around
> this in the suse package, but a clean fix is probably to pass
> a "RPMGLOB_ONLYDIR" flag to rpmGlob() instead of adding a trailing
> slash. (Or change addFile() to strip trailing slashes.)

Yup, that and the recursing bug make 4.9.1 a brown paperbag release :-/
I'll try to get 4.9.1.1 (or something) out soonish, in the meanwhile
4.9.1 is probably best avoided because of these issues.